Saturday, October 8, 2011

Going back, adding detail...

So looking at some pics of my Lamenters lately and really realized that the infantry are a step above the vehicles, appearance wise. Considering the amount of time each kind of model spends on the board in an average game, I realized I needed to step it up.
So I decided the way to go with my old tanks would be to add something I've never done before, weathering and paint chipping. I wanted to keep it fairly minimal (I've seen some paint jobs that look like it had almost all chipped off).

I think it really makes the tank pop, and it was a really simple addition. Usually I try and keep my vehicles fairground style, but that is not really fitting for a crusading Chapter like the Lamenters. It's nothing super fancy, but I think I like it.

No comments: